What Could've Been


 Final grades for semester 1 were finalized on Friday. Today, while the the second week of semester 2, is basically the start of the second semester of my senior year. 

My last semester in high school.

    I have obviously been looking forward to this last semester throughout my high school journey. I've heard seniors from previous years talk about how this semester is the best one of high school. This is where you declare for college, start making preparations for the future, and where high school becomes easier. Yet now as I am here I feel excited and nervous for what is to come, but at the same time I feel I missed part of my high school experience from the global pandemic. While this is the fault of no one it is still upsetting to me and often makes we wonder how many of my experience over the last year could've been very different.


    Would have I not broken my leg during the first game of our football season? Without COVID would I have been able to go to the gym throughout that whole time? Would I have been more conditioned and prepared for the season? What experiences did I miss not having those extra games, having marching band cancelled, and not being able to see friends and family for a few months? What experiences did I gain only because of COVID? What people would I have met? I'll never know the answers to these questions, but it's crazy to think what could've been? The different realities my life could've materialized might have led to many differences in my life.

    So while I'll never know, I am now focusing on what's happening now. The world is slowly starting to return to normalcy. I'll be making decisions on college soon, visiting them, and eventually be coming back to school to finish the last semester of my high school journey in person. So while I missed out on experiences during the last year, I am grateful for the ones I was able to be apart like actually being able to play football. I am now going to try my best to create some memorable experiences during my last semester.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Story