ISO "If I Should Have a Child"

 If I had a son, there are ten things I would know,

  1. He would be just like me. I am the same as my father. My grandmother says I am just as nice, kind and always willing to help as he is. If you put two pictures of my father and I of the same age, there is no difference except the quality of the picture.

  2. We would have the same name. I would pass down my name as my father did to me.

  3. I would provide every opportunity for him to succeed.

  4. I would make sure he learned from the struggles and failures of life.

  5. I know he will grow up too fast.

  6. I will give him space to grow and become who he wants on his own.

  7. Still, I will always be there for him no matter the situation.

  8. I will surround him with family and friends as this is how I grew up, surrounded by my many uncles, aunts, and cousins.

  9. I will try to understand his life and grow with him.

  10. Most importantly, I will be the best father I can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Could've Been

Short Story